What you'll need:
- Colored Acetate Sheets. You can buy a pack with various colors, or stick to one shade to co-ordinate with a room's decor.
- Craft Knife or Scissors.
- Basic Lamp Hardware. You can either buy a kit, or simply dismantle an old lampshade. You can probably pick up a cheap, shabby old lampshade at a flea market or dollar. Since you only need the findings it doesn't matter what it looks like. (Just make sure it will attach to your existing light fitting)
- Stringing material such as a thick thread, parachute cord, or fishing line.
Directions (there aren't many!):
- Using your stencil draw butterfly shapes onto the acetate.
- Cut out the butterflies
- Using a darning needle, make a small hole at the top and bottom of each butterfly.
- Tie the stringing material onto each butterfly, creating strands. You can make the strands different lengths, or keep them uniform.
- Tie the strands to the lampshade hardware ready to be used on the light fitting.
- Voila! (Told you it was easy.)